Saturday, October 29, 2011

Journeys End, Journeys Begin

Well, here we are with a site, still with that new-blog smell, in which I will detail my attempts to bring to a computer near you something (hopefully) original and fresh.

My goal over the coming months is to create an animated short entirely withing the Unreal Development Kit (UDK), using all that the engine has to offer including AI, physX, APEX and advanced shaders, the DX11 tools and post processing to hopefully acheive something on a par with (or not too disastrously far from) the Samaritan demo.

Will this work? Honestly I don't know, but I'll be posting thoughts, experiments and results as I go, so stay tuned...

I will also be cross-posting to both the UDK and Polycount forums, so you can follow along at home. If it works, I will even be releasing materials, post effects and even code, so it may be worth dipping in occasionally.

So, let's get started!


No comments:

Post a Comment